Posted Wednesday, August 25, 2010 by Kally83
One of these days, I will start doing this more regularly!

Both boys are asleep for now (not that I expect that to last long...even less now that I've actually voiced it!)  My hubby (Boo) went back to work yesterday...the summer really is coming to a close fast.  We had a pretty good day today and I'm thankful for that.  I do enjoy being a stay at home mom but let me tell you, sometimes I just want to throw in the towel!

So we attended a Unitarian church for the first time on Sunday.  We only had Bean with us because Munchkin was with my in-laws enjoying "Christmas at the Camper".  The sermon was a little more political than I would typically like (the Holocaust of the Roma) but overall it was a really good experience.  We even met a family there with two little girls...the youngest of which was born the same afternoon as my Bean...at home...with the same midwife!!!  I took it as a sign from the Goddess that we were in the right place.
I've always had this weird "thing" for going to church....I really enjoyed attending both the Catholic and non-denominational Christian (whatever that is!) ones, but since I'm not really "in to" Christianity anymore, those aren't really places I want to bring up my kids.  From the looks of it, the Religious Exploration courses that the UU has for kids consist of all the things I want to teach my kids...morals, tolerance, acceptance and love.  Hopefully we've found somewhere we can call "home".

Other than that, I'm working on putting myself together a Tarot deck.  We don't have a lot of extra cash right now so I'm doing it the frugal way by printing out photos (not copyrighted of course) of the cards and cutting/pasting them onto cardboard (or cardstock...we'll see what the dollar store has on my next visit!).  I'm liking this idea because, having never even held a Tarot card before, I don't know if it's something I'll be able to get into or that I have a knack for.  Maybe I'll even bring them to the store and have them laminated (cause let's face it, if either boy gets a hold of them, that'll be the end of it!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment