Preschool, Homeschool, No School, Oh My!

Posted Tuesday, March 1, 2011 by Kally83
PhotobucketThe question of schooling our children has come up between Boo and I lately. For the past while, I've desperately wanted to try homeschooling. We decided that I would homeschool them through preschool and both junior and senior kindergarten. If I enjoy it and the kids seem to enjoy it, we'll consider going further after that.

I know there's going to be pressure from Boo's side of the family to put them in school because I'm not English/French bilingual (Boo's first language is French). I understand their concern, and have been looking into what activities, sports and classes I can put the boys in to ensure they spend time immersed in the language. Trying to find a basic, one morning a week, French preschool program has proven difficult but I'm keeping my eyes open. I've also joined our local homeschool support group and it looks like there's a French teacher amongst the crowd who is happy to teach a regular class to homeschool students. Boo has also said that if I can find him a good curriculum, he'll work with them on weekends as well.

I know we have a few years to go before the BIG decision comes (schooling before age 6 is optional as far as I can tell) but I'm already enjoying the prep that goes into it. Hopefully it lasts!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment