This and That

Posted Thursday, May 5, 2011 by Kally83
*yawn* I'm exhausted this morning. Bean decided to wake up every 2 hours or so again last night. Truth be told the longest stretch he's ever slept is 5 hours at a time and really that's only happened a hand full of times but I guess once you get a little extra sleep your body starts craving it.

Day 5 of Meatless May and so far, so good :) We're loosely following a meal plan from here and the food has been sooooo good. Last night we went out because we had to go to the mall and buy a new car seat for Bean (he's getting too big for his little bucket seat...where does the time go?) I had a mushroom pasta that was pretty good. I think I'm enjoying forcing myself outside of the box. For every restaurant that we frequent, I basically have one go-to meal but they all contain meat so as we make the rounds, I'm having to try something new.

I made kale chips for the first time yesterday. I meant to post a picture but Munchkin and I ate through them too quickly......here's the recipe I used although I'd like to try experimenting with different flavours the next time.

Finally, the big excitement around here is all of the Farmer's Markets opening this weekend!!! We'll be going on Saturday so I'll plan to take some photos!

1 comments:

  1. Lydia

    I need to make kale chips ... I love kale on it's own, and we're growing a TON in the garden this year. Good luck w/ Meatless May, go take a nap! :-)

Post a Comment