This and That

Posted Tuesday, January 25, 2011 by Kally83
Well, it's been a tad cold up here in the wilds of Canada (ok, hardly the wilds). We had a couple of days where it went down to almost -40C with the windchill (apparently it's the same in Farenheit though I couldn't tell you how that makes any sense) Anyway, it's been darn cold.
Boo is still home on parental leave so we've been keeping busy enjoying our family time, hence the lack of posts lately.

I've acquired a couple new witchy books in the past couple of months. Nothing heavy but I've been enjoying both. The Real Witches' Kitchen by Kate West has all sorts of neat recipes for foods, lotions, potions, oils etc etc etc. I'm finding it a handy idea book.
Natural Magic by Pamela J. Ball is a little deeper. It goes through a lot about magical pratice in quite a bit of detail, including some history and a breakdown of the "basics" of magic. I've had to take some of it with a grain of salt, but overall it's been a good and thorough read!(Apparently the reason this one was cheap at Chapters was because it isn't very popular...I can only find it through a personal seller on Amazon and I wouldn't recommend paying $112 for it!)

I do have a few post ideas that I've started but need to do a little research on and since I've barely touched the computer for the past few weeks, I can't say when I'll be able to finish them, but I'm certainly going to try and get a few more posts up in the near future.

In the meantime, the Pooka Pages have their Imbolc issue up so be sure to check that out!

1 comments:

  1. Aine O'Brien

    It IS cold! You are not the only quiet one in the blog world these days. I think most are hibernating. As for books, it's amazing how few really good pagan books are coming out. I usually like various parts of various books, but there are few that I recommend as a whole. I wonder if that has something to do with publishers getting involved in the content. It's all about $$ sometimes. Lately I've been reading older Wiccan books - they seem less "tampered" with.

Post a Comment