Tuesday Talk

Posted Tuesday, October 26, 2010 by Kally83
PhotobucketThe countdown is on! Just 5 more days till Samhain! I’m super excited since this is the first year I’m celebrating the Sabbat as a Pagan (I had started following the path last year but never got around to really observing the holiday). It’s been fantastic exploring other blogs and getting fabulous ideas. Now I just have to spend some time piecing together what our Samhain will look like this year.

Well, we never quite made it to the pumpkin patch. Boo was sick so Sunday was spent doing a whole lot of nothing....literally. No brekkie, no church, no pumpkin patch. We did, however, have a fantastic family nap Sunday afternoon! That was well worth missing everything else! We’ll look for somewhere local to buy our pumpkin in the next few days.

I’d like to take my hat off right now to anyone reading who practices a vegan lifestyle. I know that everyone does it for their own unique reasons but I’m not sure anything could motivate me enough to give up meat AND dairy. I’ve mentioned before that Bean is a really fussy baby so in an attempt to see if it’s something I’m eating that’s upsetting his stomach, I’m on the breastfeeding elimination diet. For the next week, dairy is out. It’s been two days and I’m losing my mind! Not because I’m a huge fan of dairy, but because there’s milk and/or milk ingredients in EVERYTHING! And can I tell you, my morning coffee just isn’t the same without milk or cream. If it wasn’t for only a week, I’d probably try and seek out some alternatives but for the short time period, it just doesn’t seem worth it right now.

2 comments:

  1. KrafteKat Krafting Shack

    I hope all turns out well with your baby. If you were not raised vegan it's not that easy to balance your diet, and it's expensive. Considering I'm an animal lover, I admire those vegans.

  1. ~*Gumbo Soul*~

    I hear ya, there's a much higher chance of me giving up meat than dairy. I love cheese!! BUT, I hear that almond milk is really good in coffee and tea! So if turns out that is what is bothering the little one, you could look into that!

Post a Comment