Web Wednesday

Posted Wednesday, October 20, 2010 by Kally83
I’ve decided to learn how to sew. I’ve wanted to for quite some time but I figured I would probably have to wait until we had some spare money for a proper sewing machine so I sort of put it on the back burner. Then, when I was visiting my mom, she told me I was welcome to the sewing machine in her basement that belonged to my grandmother. It’s in fantastic condition and works great (I just need to buy some new needles) so hopefully in the next few months, I’ll be posting about my little practice projects! I’d also like to learn other types of needlework (knitting, crocheting, quilting etc) but I’ll start with this (as if I didn’t already have enough to do!!)

Now for today’s site:

In looking for websites specifically for Halloween, I came across this little place. It’s got most of the basics, but it has them all in one place which is always handy. Their History & Origin isn’t great but at least they don’t claim that it has anything to do with the Celtic God of Death, Samhain.
Really, Halloween Web is great for party ideas (which is where you’ll find a good deal of the content) and fun recipes. It looks like a good starting point if you’re not sure where to start. It’s definitely not a specifically Samhain site but it may help you think outside the box for house and altar decor as well as fun snacks to prepare for the big night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment