Tuesday Talk

Posted Tuesday, September 28, 2010 by Kally83
PhotobucketI hope everyone's enjoying their week so far! It's going to feel long for me this week since Boo is on call at work and doesn't get home until after the boys are in bed! This is the first week he's done this since just before Bean was born so we're all going through yet another re-adjustment! But, we will persevere! :)

PhotobucketWe had a ridiculously busy weekend. We celebrated Munchkin's birthday on Saturday with not one, but two birthday parties (now I have to find room for a whole stockpile of new toys!) I have to brag a little, I made Munchkin's cupcakes and I was quite proud of them! As you can tell, the theme was Elmo from Sesame Street....or should I say Melmo (as Munchkin refers to him). But a good time was had by all and I now have enough leftovers in my fridge that I likely won't need to cook for the rest of the week!

Sunday we attended church as per usual and Munchkin attended his first RE class. Boo went with him and apparently they had a great time and are getting to know some of the other little tikes in his class. Sunday evening was our Mabon celebration. I had these lovely ideas in my head of a massive feast....we were going to try duck for the first time, I was going to make squash and sweet potatoes and a lovely dessert of apple and blueberry crisp and pumpkin pie. Well, with all the preparations for Munchkin's birthday, I never got around to buying the duck...or the squash..sweet potatoes or pumpkin. I made the crisp but offered it as an alternative to cupcakes on Saturday and apparently it was really good...so that was the end of that. So, in lieu of our big feast, I made homemade carrot soup and served it with bean salad and leftover pasta salad. We drank apple cider (thank the gods, we saved that from the Saturday pillagers!) and had an incredible meal! We used our rather large coffee table as the dinner table, placing pillows on the floor for each of us to sit on and then once dinner was over, set up our altar on the table and did the Apple Harvest Rite. One of the greatest moments I've ever had happened during that rit. I was trying to get Munchkin involved so after I cut the apple in half, I handed him half to hold for me...well as I continued speaking Munchkin started taking huge bites out of that juicy apple LOL. Boo and I were nearly killing ourselves laughing...I'm so glad the gods have a sense of humour! He enjoyed his half of the apple and then he helped me bring the offering outside. All in all, it was a wonderful celebration, simple yet very meaningful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment