Turmoil Thursday

Posted Thursday, September 23, 2010 by Kally83
PhotobucketI hope everyone enjoyed Mabon yesterday. We didn't really observe it (I was busy making cupcake toppers) but we're looking forward to our Mabon feast on Sunday evening. Today marks the Harvest Moon. I'm hoping to do my full moon ritual tonight at some point. I'm also hoping to go through Pooka's Bedtime Full Moon Ritual from the Mabon magazine with Munchkin. He's still learning how to talk but I think getting him accustomed to something like this would be great for beginning to teach him Mommy's beliefs. I'm sure everyone's heard about the Pooka Pages but in case you haven't, definitely check them out here. They have incredible ideas for little witches!


On a completely un-related note, here's today's random posting:

PhotobucketToday, I wanted to recommend the book Itsy Bitsy Yoga by Helen Garabedian.
This book was recommended to me by my yoga instructor just after I had Munchkin. I didn’t buy it right away so I didn’t start doing yoga with him until he was about 6-7 months old but I’ve been able to start from the newborn stage with Bean.
If you check out the Itsy Bitsy Yoga website, there are classes offered throughout North America. Unfortunately, for me, we have no qualified instructors where I live so this book has been great for us!
This book gives detailed instructions for different poses and then presents a few series of poses that you can do with baby (Good Morning Series, Developmental Play Series, Happy Baby Series, Daddy Series and Sleep Well Series). Each chapter (stage of development) builds on the next. Unfortunately, I’ve rarely been able to go through a full series with my boys, although often when we’re just sitting around, I’ll do a pose with them. Munchkin is almost 2 and I can now say to him “Down dog” or “Tree pose” and he’ll go into the pose. It’s very sweet! There’s also a second book Itsy Bitsy Yoga for Toddlers and Preschoolers but I haven’t picked it up yet. Hopefully this one is as great as the original.

1 comments:

  1. Mother Moon

    Merry Mabon to you Kally... wanted to let you know that you were choosen as the winner for my latest giveaway... shoot me your shipping info and I will get your goodies to you shortly... congrats

    by the way.. love your blog...

Post a Comment